Re: HWCLOCK,LOCALTIME,UTC how to fix wrong time.

On Wed, 2012-04-04 at 15:11 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
On 04/04/2012 02:47 PM, luis redondo wrote:
I got that Fedora16 and OpenSUSE present wrong system time because they
are the only systems I run that have WRONG UTC.
For example: My correct system time is 21:20:04 and when I do on
Fedora(OpenSUSE) :
hwclock ; date ; date --utc I got

8:20:04 PM WEST
20:20:04 WEST 2012
19:20:04 UTC 2012

Then UTC is 2 hours before my right daylight savings time AND IT SHOULD
BE ONLY 1 HOUR.
On Ubuntu,Debian which present right system hour with daylight savings
the UTC is 1 HOUR BEFORE
20:20:04 UTC 2012(which is correct with the real world).

The numbers look right for the WEST time zone (western Europe savings
time), which is defined as "+0100".

"hwclock" always reports in local time, regardless if your hardware
clock is set to UTC or not (read the man page if you don't believe me).
You need to look at /etc/sysconfig/clock to see how your hardware clock
is set. If "UTC" is "true", then your hardware clock is using UTC.
-
My hardware clock is set to UTC. But in /etc/sysconfig/clock
all I find is a line defining the Local time zone "America/Chicago".
Nothing about UTC.