Where can I get an install DVD for FC16?

I have downloaded ISO images with both ftp and torrent, and the 3.3GB DVD image I get is always a network install version, which stops at the start of the install process and tells me I need an active network connection to install from that media. Where can I get the real install media for install from DVD?

And as a side question, why would anyone create a DVD for net install, when there is a small ISO image which does that?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>

  • Re: Evo and Exchange
    ... FC3 and an upgrade from FC2 to FC3. ... I started EVO again, ... >> said was unsigned so wouldn't install it however this morning did yum update ... > DVDs are not CDs and you need different programs two write DVDs though DVD ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: CD and DVD ISO images
    ... If your computer has no DVD drive and you need to do ... an installation, do a FTP or NFS install. ... to create a bunch of CD-sized ISO images, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: A little help please!
    ... This so far was the best map to getting DVD media working I am going to ... Also I have the latest libdvdcss2 and libdvdcss2-dev installed. ... sudo aptitude install totem-xine ... Click either free or non-free depending on where the package you ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Seeking Help
    ... As far as I am aware, the only REAL and painless way to install Ubuntu from ... a DVD is to buy the DVD from a place such as On-Disk.com (Ric! ... There is a well known and very well respected member of this mail list who has been promoting the idea that people who are having hassles with downloading the necessary files using the internet to buy a DVD - I repeat DVD - from the site I mentioned because it contained *all* the files necessary to install Ubuntu. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: Vista Home Basic SP1 no luck
    ... DVD, but with backup/image/restore software on the HD. ... Windows update does not remind me anymore to install SP1, ... have really been stupid to get a Vista machine. ... restoration was some sort of restoration image on the hard drive ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)