Re: huge mail going throw my mail server how to protect

Thanks for good advice.

BR,

Rafiq

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM, Patrick Lists <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

On 04/06/2012 06:28 AM, Rafiqul Islam wrote:

Please help me how to stop this spamming frequently blocked from several
public network

From the other posts I take it your postfix server is not properly
configured and is an open relay.

Steps to fix:

1) realize that your postfix mail server is an *open* relay (=BAD!). So
you did not configure the postfix server in the proper way

2) stop your mail server right now

3) do NOT turn the mail server on until you know reasonably sure that you
have fixed the problem. You can test your mailserver here:
http://www.abuse.net/relay.**html <http://www.abuse.net/relay.html>

4) go to postfix.org and read the documentation and properly configure
your mail server to NOT be an open relay. If you can't find how to do it
then read all the information again and again and perhaps use Google

5) if you can not figure out how to fix this problem then either hire a
consultant who can fix it for you or ask on the postfix mailing list

I hope you realize that your IP address & domain may now be considered a
spam origin in several spam block lists and that a lot of mail hosts will
not accept mail from you even if you solve the open relay problem with your
mail server.

Next time you want to activate a service it is probably a good idea to
spend more time on understanding how the service works and what the proper
configuration is...

Regards,
Patrick

  • Re: Lots of Queues to spammer domains
    ... recipient's email server. ... This mail was handled by an open relay - ... Could turning off the NDRs have caused this? ... hosted DNS with my ISP add a PTR record for my mail server ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange2000.transport)
  • Re: Strange "550 Relay Not Permitted" Question
    ... company's proper domain. ... Neither server is an open relay, ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Strange "550 Relay Not Permitted" Question
    ... What email server do they operate at their end i.e. is it a Microsoft ... Does your Exchange server use a static or dynamic IP address? ... > company's proper domain. ... > somewhere a server thinks that proper email is an open relay attempt. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: postfix log query
    ... Can you remember how to check if you are an open relay? ... telnet, just to test this :-), but as root when I try "telnet ... Do this without authenticating to the server. ... address of the mail server and I will try and relay through it manually ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Message stuck in queue- why?
    ... I'm not sure if this is the proper place to ask a question that is tightly ... >>Also when looking atr my outbound message queue, I notice a lot of messages ... >>server to make sure it is not an open relay so I am not quite sure how these ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)