Re: syslogd in F-16 -

Bob Goodwin - Zuni, Virginia, USA wrote:
DD-wrt has a logging function which I am unable to make work per: http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Logging_with_DD-WRT since it apparently needs syslogd which has been replaced with syslog-ng if I understand what I've found.

That page is referring to syslogd on the dd-wrt system, as far as I can tell. It mentions in passing that if you want to send logs to a remote host, that the remote host needs to be running a syslog daemon, but makes no mention of what daemon that should be. Any syslog daemon on the remote host would suffice. I have rsyslog at home with dd-wrt logging there.

Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration, which is why engineers
sometimes smell really bad.
-- Demotivators (www.despair.com)

  • Re: syslogd in F-16 -
    ... http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Logging_with_DD-WRT since it apparently needs syslogd which has been replaced with syslog-ng if I understand what I've found. ... It mentions in passing that if you want to send logs to a remote host, that the remote host needs to be running a syslog daemon, but makes no mention of what daemon that should be. ... I have rsyslog at home with dd-wrt logging there. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: syslogd in F-16 -
    ... http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Logging_with_DD-WRT since it apparently needs syslogd which has been ... want to send logs to a remote host, that the remote host needs to be running a syslog daemon, but makes no ... Any syslog daemon on the remote host would suffice. ... I have rsyslog running. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Sending syslog to another machine
    ... simply specify the server (and optional port) to start with and make a ... Replace remote-host with your remote syslog. ... Don't know about the syslog daemon, but it looks as if the firewall rules don't. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Sending syslog to another machine
    ... Replace remote-host with your remote syslog. ... well-known syslog port so unless you have set up something else, ... Don't know about the syslog daemon, but it looks as if the firewall rules don't. ... The good think about using a syslog machine is that the *times* match, the bad thing is that it's a single point of failure, and network connected as well. ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Syslog to remote host, separate file
    ... separate file ... There's a ton of info that says how to log to a remote host using syslog ... unsubscribe mailto:redhat-list-request@redhat.com?subject=unsubscribe ...
    (RedHat)