using mirrors in Fedora 14

Anyone know if there are bugs or whatever in Fed 14 trying to mirror
drives? I've tried 3 different drives now, so I believe that rules out
bad hardware. It will mirror initially, but after an hour to 4 or 5
hours one of the drives drops out as faulty. Probably going to see if
this old junk will upgrade to 15 soon. Thanks
--
Rod McCown
Unix System Administrator

"Unix is user friendly. It just picks its friends"

  • Re: Worst monday of my life - please help...
    ... If that's the case, restoring the SQL ... but it finally did install with a few hiccups. ... >> or just leave the mirrored drives in the server on the secondary IDE ... I decided it was time to re-add the mirror. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Realistic drive arrays
    ... > may be an opportunity to swap 2 of the disks for a pair of 143Gb drives ... >> two drives in the same mirror failing within the parts replacement SLA of ... >> How much memory the store.exe process uses really depends on how much ... >>> copy of the database on the disk. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.setup)
  • Re: hardware for Exchange 2003
    ... your current server will work fine. ... in daily bases or weekly bases in order to commit the T.L files into Exchange ... one(or mirror or RAID 1) for Transaction Log files and let's call this D: ... ALL SCSI drives running at 15krpm for maximum throughput. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.design)
  • Re: Mirroring help
    ... not to use the OS disk mirror since it only uses up precious processor time ... The better solution is to use SCSI hard drives and to do the RAID ... could mirror a partition on a hard drive to free space on the same drive, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Re: Worst monday of my life - please help...
    ... Also If your mirror was broke did you see anything in logs to indicate why? ... > I have a customer who had a Windows 2000 Small Business Server running ... but it finally did install with a few hiccups. ... > or just leave the mirrored drives in the server on the secondary IDE ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)