yum package cleanup

Hi all,

I would like to be able to save the rpm files that yum downloads.

Thanks to the following nugget from Google...

"I believe what you are looking for is /var/cache/yum/<repo>/packages. This directory is expunged during package cleanup."

...I now know where they are stored.

Two part question:

When is package cleanup performed?

Is there a way to prevent the expunging?

Thanks,
Mike Wright

  • Re: yum package cleanup
    ... I would like to be able to save the rpm files that yum downloads. ... This directory is expunged during package cleanup." ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: yum package cleanup
    ... I would like to be able to save the rpm files that yum downloads. ... When is package cleanup performed? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: yum package cleanup
    ... I would like to be able to save the rpm files that yum downloads. ... When is package cleanup performed? ... .repo files. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: What does "C++ doesnt support modules" mean?
    ... Java "package", Perl "package", and so on, where the language provides ... and preferably also some support for module initialization & cleanup. ... also that must rely on convention & documentation. ...
    (comp.lang.cpp)
  • Re: xp sluggish
    ... stuart wohl wrote: ... it is a part of the package that is mentioned on the ... Cleanup is essential, running contig and sdelete, cleaning ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)