Re: yum package cleanup

On Wed, May 9, 2012 at 10:05 AM, Mike Wright <mike.wright@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 05/09/2012 09:57 AM, Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:

On 05/09/2012 11:35 AM, Mike Wright wrote:

Hi all,

I would like to be able to save the rpm files that yum downloads.

Thanks to the following nugget from Google...

"I believe what you are looking for is

/var/cache/yum/<repo>/packages. This directory is expunged during
package cleanup."

...I now know where they are stored.

Two part question:

When is package cleanup performed?

Is there a way to prevent the expunging?

In /etc/yum.conf, change keepcache=0 to keepcache=1.

Thanks Mikkel,

Solves question 2.  I just now found that in "man yum.conf".

Would you know if there is a way to apply that to specific repos rather than
all?  Seems like a good candidate to move from yum.conf into the individual
.repo files.

Sure, just add keepcache=1 to the .repo file instead of yum.conf.

users mailing list
Have a question? Ask away: