audio notification from system

FC16.
What is the daemon that plays a sound, seemingly
at random, and it sounds like a rattle ?

I have heard this while running previous versions of fedora.

  • Re: audio notification from system
    ... What is the daemon that plays a sound, ... and it sounds like a rattle? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: audio notification from system
    ... What is the daemon that plays a sound, ... I continue to get this rattle sound being played many times ... I checked thunderbird, and it has all it's even notifiers unchecked. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: audio notification from system
    ... What is the daemon that plays a sound, ... and it sounds like a rattle? ... I have heard this while running previous versions of fedora. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: OT:For Howard
    ... I think fewer still home listening rooms don't go rattle ... recordings include the "sound" of the hall itself, ... range it will reproduce that "sound" and that adds spacious hall realism to ...
    (rec.audio.opinion)
  • sticky sound on 7 stable
    ... I have sticky sound flow on 2 different slowish laptops running 7 ... Stable, Sound plays for a few secs, then breaks for a fraction & ... Plays slow on the faster CPU! ...
    (freebsd-stable)