Re: nscd and DNS cache

On 05/17/2012 12:21 AM, Ed Greshko wrote:
On 05/17/2012 02:06 PM, JD wrote:
That value is already set to false.
I'm suggesting you set it to "true" to disable IPv6.

Yes I did try Chrome.
Chrome resolves domain names as fast as nslookup .
After I browsed to a domain using Chrome, and it almost immediately
resolved and it brought in the page,
I quickly clicked on the FF workspace and browsed to same domain.
FF went into the looking up ...... spin dance.
Could it be that FF is not using same library as nslookup and Chrome?
I'd be surprised if they used anything other than the standard gethostbyname()

That was the magic bullett!
Thanx Ed.
Strange that Chrome has IPV6 disabled by default, and FF does not.

  • Re: nscd and DNS cache
    ... I'm suggesting you set it to "true" to disable IPv6. ... Chrome resolves domain names as fast as nslookup. ... Could it be that FF is not using same library as nslookup and Chrome? ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: nscd and DNS cache
    ... I see the following behavior of firefox vs. running nslookup on command line. ... FF, even after resolving google.com only a minute ago, is still spinning saying: ... Yes I did try Chrome. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Network connections oddity
    ... Not from Safari, not from Chrome - nothing. ... Anything at the cli level ... nslookup wouldn't work if that were the case. ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: Corrupted Repo?.....
    ... On 09/12/2012 11:01 PM, Ed Greshko wrote: ... The ones I have for Chrome and Google-Earth are.... ... Thats just it...I DON'T know where they came from....I've just been doing my updates regularly....haven't touched anything that might alter ...
    (Fedora)