Re: basic systemd question

On Sunday, May 20, 2012, Brian Wood <woodbrian77@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm starting to use systemd. I've written a simple unit file and
systemd starts the service during boot. When I manually kill
the process though, it doesn't get restarted the way I expected
it would. Is there an option to specify for that? Thank you.

systemd will not restart a failed service by default, because there are
many situations where that would be very bad. You must explicitly
configure it to do so using the "Restart=" directive in your unit file.
See 'man systemd.service' for the details.

Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises
http://webEbenezer.net
(651) 251-9384