Re: basic systemd question

On Sunday, May 20, 2012, Brian Wood <woodbrian77@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm starting to use systemd. I've written a simple unit file and
systemd starts the service during boot. When I manually kill
the process though, it doesn't get restarted the way I expected
it would. Is there an option to specify for that? Thank you.

systemd will not restart a failed service by default, because there are
many situations where that would be very bad. You must explicitly
configure it to do so using the "Restart=" directive in your unit file.
See 'man systemd.service' for the details.

Brian Wood
Ebenezer Enterprises
http://webEbenezer.net
(651) 251-9384

  • Re: [opensuse] Cant use mail - 12.1
    ... none of the network services start unless i ... manually restart "systemctl restart network.service" after booting. ... It seems to be to do with the new systemd in 12.1. ... I'm either booting using sysV or enabling the services manually if I forget to hit f5. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [opensuse] systemd causing CPU to heat up
    ... Systemd was restarting continuously rsyslog, ... Telcontar:~ # systemctl restart rsyslog.service # with line com.out. ... Telcontar systemd 1 - - rsyslog.service: ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Four people decided the fate of debian with systemd. Bad faith likely
    ... many user of Debian GNU/Linux may exists that do not access this ... systemd may not "really" be necessary ... And when you terminate a program you want to restart, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: problems with DHCP server / systemd problems
    ... I have problems with lots of network based services not working ... My theory is that systemd thinks it is waiting for the network ... Has anyone got a script which will 'restart' all services which are ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Loosing the keyboard
    ... process is running before loss but not after. ... I've been able to identify are kworkers. ... In the GDM/KDM menu there's an option to restart X. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)