Filesystem format for external hard disk

Dear All,

I have got a new external hard disk, which I would like to use as a
mirror of my home directory (for backup purpose). What format for the
external disk filesystem do you recommend? And what the proper command
to accomplish the formatting?

Thanks in advance,

Paul

  • Re: NTFS or Fat32 which is right?
    ... If you KNOW that the two reasons that you cite are going to be the ONLY functions this drive will be needed for - then, you could format it as NTFS ... Formatting my external hard disk in NTFS has been puzzling me for exactly the reason you site. ... The reason for purchasing the external hard disk was to avoid losing all my data, emails, etc. in case of a complete computer failure as had happened to me recently. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: NTFS or Fat32 which is right?
    ... Formatting my external hard disk in NTFS has been puzzling me for exactly ... The reason for purchasing the external hard disk was ... you can format a FAT 32 volume up to 32GB only. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: NTFS or Fat32 which is right?
    ... Formatting my external hard disk in NTFS has been puzzling me for exactly ... The reason for purchasing the external hard disk was to ... you can format a FAT 32 volume up to 32GB only. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Increasing inodes without recreating file system
    ... my home directory to save a few inodes and I will indeed do that. ... Each mbox file can contain thousands of messages. ... I am aware of the mbox mail format but, being a hardened qmail user, I ... The problem is that I manually adjusted the inode allocation when I ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Partition Extern Harddisk Questionandhelp
    ... can i partition the HDD without deleting ... so i just have 30 GB free for WBFS format. ... i want to partition my External Hard disk to 30 FREE GB's WBFS Format ...