How to install OpenJDK6 on F17
- From: Fernando Lozano <fernando@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 08:57:14 -0300
I was surprized that F17 uses OpenJDK7 by default but does not includes OpenJDK6 packages also, like F16 did.
If I have some app which cannot run on Java 7, what should I do? I know I can download the proprietary JDK6 from Oracle, but I'd rather use OpenJDK.
I tried installing OpenJDK6 packages from F16 but yum complains they are obsoleted by OpenJDK7. I also tried downloading IcedTea6 sources and compiling, but they stop with an "internal compiler error".
s, Fernando Lozano
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
- Prev by Date: Re: Issue with bash completion
- Next by Date: Re: F17 upgrade dirty disc dialog
- Previous by thread: Filesystem format for external hard disk
- Next by thread: Re: How to install OpenJDK6 on F17