CIFS mount problem with 3.4.2-1.fc16.x86_64 kernel
- From: D Wyatt <dwyatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 11:51:29 -0500
After running a yum update on F16 which included the 3.4.2-1.fc16.x86_64
kernel, and rebooting to that kernel, all the CIFS mounts failed with
error 22 (Invalid Argument).
In '/var/log/messages I found a series of entries like this:
Jun 24 05:34:36 mel kernel: [ 3989.465216] CIFS: Unknown mount
Removing UID=500 from an fstab entry allowed me to mount that Win7
share, but all files/dirs in that share are now root:root. I also
tried UID=user_name, but got the same invalid arg error.
Rebooting to the prev kernel (3.3.8-1.fc16.x86_64), fstab entries with
UID=500 again mounted w/o error and shares again show the approp owner.
Is this a bug in the newer kernel?
Thanks for any help you can offer,
P.S. My apologies if this is a duplicate message - I sent the original
about 4 hours ago, but haven't yet received a copy from the list. I
looked for an online archive to check, but failed to find anything
more recent than 2010.
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
- Prev by Date: Problems with update -- redhat-lsb conflicts
- Next by Date: Re: bash command completion
- Previous by thread: CIFS mount problem with 3.4.2-1.fc16.x86_64 kernel
- Next by thread: Re: CIFS mount problem with 3.4.2-1.fc16.x86_64 kernel