changing a read-only file to rw

mount -o remount,rw /

I trying to write on to /media/backup , but it is a read-only file sys, how do I change it to rw. the above command is not doing it.

  • Re: OSDisc USB installer
    ... somehow Fedora can't mount it - as it's seems from outside. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Permanently mount a USB Hard Disk for Security purpose
    ... they have been mounted at created mount point equal to the partitions ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Fedora Code of Conduct: http://fedoraproject.org/code-of-conduct ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • RE: Owner nobody -
    ... Without the idmapd setup properly it will show as nobody on ver 4. ... try the mount command with something like ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Amazing problem of /boot
    ... mtab shows the current mount points. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Strange SD Card Issue
    ... Have you tried doing it with mount from a terminal and watch the logs ... possible you have a bad reader, bad cards, or a driver bug. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)