SOLVED: sda2 is corrupted
- From: Jim <binarynut@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2012 14:55:29 -0400
Will guys I want to thank all of you that help me on this project.
This computer crashed four days after I gave it to my friend ,he said he just exited from playing his Games to logging onto the internet with Firefox. and something popped up about robo.......... and he could not restart computer.
It would come up to "rescue grub" at bootup, I checked the partitions with gparted it changed the / an /home partitions to "UNKNOWN". It crashed two partitions
I finally got the img of sda2 on to external hard drive 26gb.
Then I did a e2fsck /dev/sda2 it took e2fsck about 45 mins to fix the sda2 partition , One of Two users /home directories was totally gone , the one tjhat was being used at CRASH time. But the one that was not being used and had the important data to be saved was still intact.
I have never seen a Linux computer crashed this bad.
THANK GOD FOR THE GUYS THAT DEVELOPE E2FSCK. --
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
- Prev by Date: Re: Please Relax was: And don't let the door hit you on the way out
- Next by Date: Re: XFCE Panel config
- Previous by thread: F17: Where Gnome stores monitor/keyboard config for user?
- Next by thread: Re: SOLVED: sda2 is corrupted