SOLVED: sda2 is corrupted

Will guys I want to thank all of you that help me on this project.

This computer crashed four days after I gave it to my friend ,he said he just exited from playing his Games to logging onto the internet with Firefox. and something popped up about robo.......... and he could not restart computer.
It would come up to "rescue grub" at bootup, I checked the partitions with gparted it changed the / an /home partitions to "UNKNOWN". It crashed two partitions

I finally got the img of sda2 on to external hard drive 26gb.

Then I did a e2fsck /dev/sda2 it took e2fsck about 45 mins to fix the sda2 partition , One of Two users /home directories was totally gone , the one tjhat was being used at CRASH time. But the one that was not being used and had the important data to be saved was still intact.

I have never seen a Linux computer crashed this bad.

THANK GOD FOR THE GUYS THAT DEVELOPE E2FSCK. --
users mailing list
users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: change HDD without Re-installing Fedora 12 ..!!!!
  • Re: Moving Fedora system to new disk
    ... On Wed, 28 May 2014, Timothy Murphy wrote: ... I thought of using dd, but the partitions are not the same size, ... the best choice for these kind of tasks is using bare metal recovery ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: SOLVED: sda2 is corrupted
    ... partitions with gparted it changed the / an /home partitions to ... the sda2 partition, One of Two users /home directories was ... I'am going to put it on my backup hard drive and take it over to my friends house and put it onto his brand new 500gb backup hard drive and let him pull off the files he needs. ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Ive got an interesting problem (at least to me).....
    ... I think there is even a tool that lets you change the UUID, ... browsing the internet, etc., and there are now new files here and there on cross partitions that need to be good to go on, at least, ... To unsubscribe or change subscription options: ... Guidelines: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mailing_list_guidelines ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: FAT and FAT32 partitions not accessible [Solved!]
    ... After your last post I immediately verified the correctness of file ... Anyway, thanks very much indeed, from me and my friend. ... >>> the partitions are damaged. ... > caused by a driver or service that is active in normal mode only. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)