kernel-headers downgrade failure
- From: Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 14:27:44 +0800
Today the kernel was updated to 3.5.0-2. However, this has caused a breakage in compiling the VirtualBox Guest Additions.
So, I wanted to go back to 3.4.6-2 and downgrade kernel-headers.
I was under the impression that "yum downgrade" would result in going back on version. But, the downgrade resulted in installing kernel-headers-3.3.4-5 and I could not find the kernel-headers-3.4.6-2 package anywhere.
I don't think this is "normal" but don't know the best wait to report the problem. Of course I'll report the breakage in 3.5.0-2 but how about the missing kernel-headers-3.4.6-2 ?
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning. -- Rick Cook, The Wizardry Compiled
users mailing list
To unsubscribe or change subscription options:
Have a question? Ask away: http://ask.fedoraproject.org
- Prev by Date: Re: Linux or GNU/Linux
- Next by Date: Re: kernel-headers downgrade failure
- Previous by thread: Re: Linux or GNU/Linux
- Next by thread: Re: kernel-headers downgrade failure