Re: [Usability] Save Icon

On 1/30/06, Evandro Fernandes Giovanini <efgiovanini@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> What they're saying is that they're supporting the more inefficiant way
> of doing an action because it's "popular". As a result most new users
> will not even learn the more efficiant ways and they'll be less
> productive using the software.

So, what you're saying is that people should be forced into using the
software differently to how they want to? Maybe people don't want to
be as productive as they can with software.

There was a study done that showed that people don't work to their
maximum capacity, because then they'll be expected to always perform
to that level. "Enforced something" it was called, but I forget what
the something was.

iain

  • Re: One thing to admire about Terra Nova...
    ... supporting. ... You *claim* that those are real, ongoing complaints, but I don't see ... support your interpretation/paraphrasing of what others are saying. ... you are going to come into a thread halfway, ...
    (rec.arts.tv)
  • Re: Y&R: The dumbing down of Ashley
    ... I'm not saying it cannot be done, I'm only saying it is seldom done. ... time, but he's still supporting. ... until the writers prove to me that they can script front burner ... of air time), I'm not going to support putting couples togther and ...
    (rec.arts.tv.soaps.cbs)
  • Re: [Full-disclosure] Sasser or other nasty worm needed
    ... you consider the repercussions of supporting an industry which pays low ... the McDonald's staff fails to use a level of food-preparation ... replying *in the context of KF's comments* saying "It's cool because it's ... student at university who benefited from this type of 'closed lab learning ...
    (Full-Disclosure)
  • Re: Russian Guns vs. American Guns
    ... # saying 'I am Russian and I am supporting the U.S.S.R.', ... Win a Fulton Armory AR-15 rifle chambered in 6.8mm Rem SPC and protect your ...
    (rec.guns)
  • Re: The collusion of federal regulators and Monsanto
    ... That's not at ALL what I'm saying. ... so you're the one who's on the hook for presenting said evidence. ... Evidence supporting your assumptions is proof. ... Suppose we have a pond full of fish. ...
    (rec.food.cooking)