How to select custom sessions from GDM
- From: "Robert Gibbs" <gibbsrc@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 07:27:37 -0400
In the Gnome Desktop User's Guide under "Session Preferences -> Setting
Session Preferences", there is a detailed explanation on how to create
At the bottom it says, "When you log in on GDM, you choose
a session. When you choose a session, you can select which of the multiple
sessions to use."
I would like to do this. I open a bunch of applications then I open
gnome-session-properties. I press "Add" and give my session the name
"Stuff". I select "Automatically save changes to session", then logout.
At the GDM login display, I am expecting to see a session choice of "Stuff",
but I do not. In fact I have found no way to make any of my custom sessions
show up at GDM.
Is this a broken feature or am I doing something wrong? Can anyone tell me
how to get these custom session to appear on the GDM login?
gnome-list mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: Copy keybindings from one machine to another?
- Next by Date: a couple of questions about metacity
- Previous by thread: panel_applet_get_size lies
- Next by thread: a couple of questions about metacity