Re: logout another user

On Thu, 2006-07-27 at 21:45 +0000, Eckhard Kosin wrote:
Hi,

how can I (as root) securely (will save the current session of that
user) logoff another user?

Thanks

Ecki

You will need to know, users DISPLAY and SESSION_MANAGER variable value

Make sure, gconf key "/apps/gnome-session/options/logout_prompt"
is set to false, to remove login prompt.

ans set gconf key "/apps/gnome-session/options/auto_save_session"
to true to auto-save session.

To logout from a gnome-session.

/usr/bin/gnome-session-save --kill
sleep 5

# To kill non session aware applications.
killall metacity-dialog

--
Ritesh Khadgaray
LinuX N Stuff

  • Re: ASP.NET Application - Defined???
    ... Session, depending upon the browser. ... > business object into session state. ... > - Then Main.aspx did the bus obj user validation and filled out the rest ... > Sure the Default.aspx is in the apps root and Main.aspx is in a sub-folder ...
  • Re: is it a security problem in Mandrake 9.1???
    ... > password......after installation click on any other rpm that is ... > to be installed and it goes on smoothely without root ... Red Hat uses a similar session setup. ... notified of a possible security problem in their implementation. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: kick off sun ray user
    ... I usually broke the screen saver with the root ... :%On the Sun Ray server, ... :%session by e.g. logging in with the user's login and root's password ... :%I know I can kill the users Xsession process, ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: CANNOT Get Remote X to Work -- Guru Needed
    ... I have the client software on the Windows XP box configured as shown on ... ON THE REMOTE MACHINE: Login, open a terminal, and become root. ... so you can return to the text session and logout of the root session. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: How to seize control of user terminal?
    ... >> 3) Come home and realize SSH task is still running, ... If I am using a shell on a campus ... can the root account snoop my terminal session? ...
    (comp.unix.shell)