Re: What is Gnome?

Carlos Eduardo Rodrigues Diogenes wrote:
In the first page that is an item called "What is GNOME?". Cool, the
subject of your e-mail ;-). I think that you can find everything that
you need there.

You see, this is exactly my complaint. The "What is GNOME" web page is
useless. It states that GNOME is free, and supported, etc. But this is
all meta-info. What GNOME *is*, it doesn't say.

It doesn't say what apps are included. What does it look like, what can
it do. It what ways does it differ from Windows? KDE?

You know, I've been using UNIX for several years, and I think I have a
clue what GNOME is, but still, I can't get any info. What then, about
new users? Are your site not tageted towards those, maybe? Are they all
supposed to use a Linux distribution, and find their info from the
distro supplier?

I think that http://www.gnome.org/learn/ is pretty
suitable for you.

This is a little bit better. How do I get to this page from the front page?

Svein Halvor

  • Re: Gnome freezes in FC6
    ... sometimes if I kill a graphical process during these ... it "jump starts" the frozen GNOME and I don't have to lose my ... Nautilus automatically restarts when killed! ... Anyone have a clue as to what could be causing this and how I can fix ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: Foo***-lite ?
    ... I hope there are some kde or gnome wizards around to give ... That should've been a clue. ... Gary Kline kline@xxxxxxxxxxx www.thought.org Public Service Unix ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Gnome does not shut down nor log out user
    ... Any clue as to what causes the conflict? ... Seems like they're saying it's a OO.org problem. ... Is it OOo not playing nice with Gnome? ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: Extension: Auto Hide Top Panel
    ... once the extensions for Gnome 3 came out. ... Please either file a bug or use gnome-shell-list. ... No clue on above and ...
    (GNOME)