Full screen images

I am using Gnome 2.16.0 via Centos 5.0.

So far I have used two graphics viewing programs: gThumb 2.7.8 and
Comix 3.6.4

In both I have specified that "Fit Image to Window" for full screen viewing.

But this does not work. The jpgs and gifs come up not filling the
screen unless I click on the 'Fit' button from the menu that shows when
you move the mouse around.

This worked just fine in Gnome 2.8.0 under Centos 4.x.

So what am I missing here?

  • programmatically adding cross-platform menu items
    ... I'm working with Gnome 2.8.0/KDE3.3.1 on CentOS 4 and Gnome 2.16/KDE ... There are two full sets of .desktop files. ... On CentOS 5/Gnome2.16, however, this fails. ...
    (GNOME)
  • GNOME screen resolution issue
    ... 1780 x 1200, so if I maximise a window in the left hand monitor, part of ... How on earth do I convince Gnome that the desktop is 1600x1200? ... option to change desktop size in CentOS has gone in F14. ...
    (uk.comp.os.linux)
  • Re: Problems with wide screen and GNOME
    ... Problems with wide screen and GNOME ... I've run through every scenario I (and some of the CentOS list folks) ... tweaks, and nothing seems to shake this. ... I went through and manually deleted all the older nvidia driver files ...
    (GNOME)
  • Newsreader for Gnome?
    ... Well I played around a bit with FC4 and then heard about CentOS, ... Now I have a dual-booting WinXP/CentOS ... Apparently Gnome doesn't have one that comes with it. ... Can anyone recommend a good newsreader for Gnome? ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)