Re: nautilus open .mod

Hello

remove line "audio/x-mod:*.mod" from /usr/share/mime/globs and check.

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 09:16 +0200, Bjørge Solli wrote:
ritz wrote:
Hello

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 16:33 +0200, Bjørge Solli wrote:
Robert Moonen wrote:
If you really want to you can break with tradition and change your
preferences to indicate to Gnome that it should open *all* ,mod files
with a text editor, that is entirely your choice.

* On workaround this feature,
edit /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml, and remove the lines
below

<mime-type type="audio/x-mod">
<comment>Amiga SoundTracker audio</comment>
<comment xml:lang="bg">Аудио, формат Amiga SoundTracker</comment>
-- everything in between --
<comment xml:lang="zh_TW">Amiga SoundTracker 音效</comment>
<glob pattern="*.mod"/>
<glob pattern="*.ult"/>
<glob pattern="*.uni"/>
<glob pattern="*.m15"/>
<glob pattern="*.mtm"/>
<glob pattern="*.669"/>
</mime-type>

* Update the mime db on system

$ update-mime-database /usr/share/mime

This is exactly what I want, but my attempts to alter the settings
failed and the message remains. Can you tell me where to change this
setting?

I have checked this up on my Fedora8 box.

I did not get this to work on my F7 box. I ran the command as root.

-Bjørge
--
Ritesh Khadgaray
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ