Re: nautilus open .mod

Hello

remove line "audio/x-mod:*.mod" from /usr/share/mime/globs and check.

On Mon, 2007-10-01 at 09:16 +0200, Bjørge Solli wrote:
ritz wrote:
Hello

On Fri, 2007-09-28 at 16:33 +0200, Bjørge Solli wrote:
Robert Moonen wrote:
If you really want to you can break with tradition and change your
preferences to indicate to Gnome that it should open *all* ,mod files
with a text editor, that is entirely your choice.

* On workaround this feature,
edit /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml, and remove the lines
below

<mime-type type="audio/x-mod">
<comment>Amiga SoundTracker audio</comment>
<comment xml:lang="bg">Аудио, формат Amiga SoundTracker</comment>
-- everything in between --
<comment xml:lang="zh_TW">Amiga SoundTracker 音效</comment>
<glob pattern="*.mod"/>
<glob pattern="*.ult"/>
<glob pattern="*.uni"/>
<glob pattern="*.m15"/>
<glob pattern="*.mtm"/>
<glob pattern="*.669"/>
</mime-type>

* Update the mime db on system

$ update-mime-database /usr/share/mime

This is exactly what I want, but my attempts to alter the settings
failed and the message remains. Can you tell me where to change this
setting?

I have checked this up on my Fedora8 box.

I did not get this to work on my F7 box. I ran the command as root.

-Bjørge
--
Ritesh Khadgaray
ॐ मणि पद्मे हूँ

  • Re: nautilus open .mod
    ... preferences to indicate to Gnome that it should open *all*,mod files ... with a text editor, ... On workaround this feature, ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: nautilus open .mod
    ... preferences to indicate to Gnome that it should open *all*,mod files ... with a text editor, ... On workaround this feature, ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: nautilus open .mod
    ... preferences to indicate to Gnome that it should open *all*,mod files ... with a text editor, ... On workaround this feature, ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: [Usability] GEdit, Leafpad and Office Suites
    ... > developed for GNOME called Leafpad. ... > It would be good to see this included in the core of GNOME. ... to create a new text editor called "Mouse Pad". ... Gedit, ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: A teensy-weensy little oversight in the QA suite?
    ... use the workaround. ... It will depend on the audit level used, and it will depend on "bad luck" (thread running sequence, because the "issue" will be fixed during conversion). ... It should turn out to be an alarm sub-system feature. ... the customer was doing an insert of 93M rows. ...
    (comp.databases.informix)