Re: Questions regarding Sun's gnome 2.6 implementation

On 11 Oct 2007, at 23:51, Jeffery Small wrote:

This makes use of the maximizing function fairly useless. Someone
at Sun
should look to see what change was made in this function and see if it
can be fixed. I wonder if other people using a non-Sun version of
Gnome
at or after version 2.6 see this problem as well?

Will have to have a play with the two versions to see exactly what
you mean, but in the meantime, maybe the 'maximize vertically' window
manager command would do what you want? (I *think* it was around in
2.6...) It's accessible via a keyboard shortcut only, which you have
to define yourself in the Keyboard Shortcuts preferences window. I
use Shift-Alt-F10, since Alt-F10 is used for the 'regular' maximize
function.

Cheeri,
Calum.

--
CALUM BENSON, Usability Engineer Sun Microsystems Ireland
mailto:calum.benson@xxxxxxx GNOME Desktop Team