Re: Questions regarding Sun's gnome 2.6 implementation

[...] Still, someone at
Sun should probably take a look at this to see what the answer is.

In that case, this is the wrong place. ;)

Yes, I have those options enabled also. However, while
<Shift><Mod><F[1234]> do move the windows to an alternate workspace and
<Mod><F[1234]> do move the focus to the alternate desktop, I still don't
see an option for doing both operations in one step.

Seems like a design decision to me.

Also, please don't forget that we are talking about GNOME 2.0 and 2.6
here. Yes, there may be UI differences -- which do not necessarily mean
a bug, but deliberately changed behavior.

I agree that the
"Move to Another Workspace" menu options are a bit inconvenient since they
have been moved to a sub-menu. They used to be directly available on the
initial menu. I will have to investigate and see if I can determine a way
to modify the menus to get the commands back where I like them.

GNOME also used to ship with sawfish as the default window manager, at
some historic point in space time. ;-)

Seriously, this might explain some of these issues...

The latter two actually are what I really do use often. Moving
workspaces left and and right -- and optionally, to take the active
window with me... Most useful to me. :)

When you say "take the active window with me", does this mean you are doing
both move and refocus in one step?

Yes.

It is the "Move window one workspace to the right" keyboard shortcut
that I am talking about here. Moves the window, and switches to that
workspace.

Also please note, that the shortcuts I mentioned are *relative*, rather
than absolute.

guenther