Re: Desktop *.wav file -- How to make it play when mouse is positioned on it

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 09:37 -0700, Leslie Satenstein wrote:
For some logons on my system, if I position the mouse pointer on a
"*.wav" file (desktop location), it will begin to play it. I have
voice mails automatically sent to my desktop, and that is the origin
of the *.wav files.

What setting does start it?

Hi,

It's the "Preview sound files" setting in the "File Management"
preferences.

I think this needs a sound server, such as esound or pulseaudio, for it
to work. You can enable this with "Enable software sound mixing" in the
sound preferences.

--
Cheers,
Sven Arvidsson