Re: Desktop *.wav file -- How to make it play when mouse is positioned on it

On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 09:37 -0700, Leslie Satenstein wrote:
For some logons on my system, if I position the mouse pointer on a
"*.wav" file (desktop location), it will begin to play it. I have
voice mails automatically sent to my desktop, and that is the origin
of the *.wav files.

What setting does start it?

It's the "Preview sound files" setting in the "File Management"

I think this needs a sound server, such as esound or pulseaudio, for it
to work. You can enable this with "Enable software sound mixing" in the
sound preferences.

Sven Arvidsson
PGP Key ID 760BDD22

gnome-list mailing list