One more comment (and apology)

All ->

I should have learned about stream of consciousness
and mailing lists by now. Especially when tired and
beat. The community here is alive and good, and I
went too far, yes. Please accept my apologies.

Hell intro.

Given Brian's & Simos' inputs, split this into three topics:

1) After using sethostname, GNOME will not start a new terminal.

2) eth0 loses IP when booted beside a machine with same hostname.

3) GUI dialog appears stating "You are not allowed to access the
system configuration"
and cannot be got rid of, cutting off access to administration until
we can find a fix.

1) & 3) appear to be GUI/GNOME related. Brian is right about #2.

Again my apologies, and please don't blame Clark. He is going
to kill me when he realizes that I used his machine to get justly
flamed.

Marco.

  • Re: Permissive licensed toolchain
    ... Matthias Apitz wrote: ... What's the real status of a fully permissive licensed toolchain? ... apologies.. ... (not all mailing lists track thread id) ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: Resend: Error sending status request (Operation not permitted)
    ... > Please turn off HTML mail in your mail client; ... > public mailing lists in particular. ... My apologies to the group for the html crud. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: soucy CD image
    ... rule for Internet mailing lists. ... My apologies... ... I detected only after posting ... Boot Manager will do so. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Re: OT: That Feedshare E-mail
    ... invaded our mailing lists and spread the invite to everyone on it. ... So apologies to all who got it. ... harvest and all that, eh? ...
    (alt.fan.letterman)
  • Re: Pricing ACL
    ... >> yet you seem never to have used our support. ... Any community that a vendor establishes is not a user's community, ... > 2) when I had sent a subscription request to the mailing list, ... > - Most discussions on vendor mailing lists are fostered by immediate ...
    (comp.lang.lisp)