Re:[PARTIAL WORKAROUND] I can't add trash / wastebasket icon to panel - any suggestions for workaround?
- From: "j t" <mark473@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 08:43:28 +0100
On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 1:27 PM, j t <mark473@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I'm working on a freshly installed debian lenny box with gnome 2.22,
and whenever I try to add a wastebasket / trash icon to the panel,
nothing appears (I think there's a 1-pixel wide transparent image
added, but I'm not completely sure).
I've already seen the following bug reports:
and I've tried all the proposed workarounds / solutions (including
editing /usr/lib/bonobo/servers/GNOME_Panel_TrashApplet.server), but
nothing works for me. I've also tried manually starting
/usr/lib/gnome-applets/trashapplet (after a "killall trashapplet") and
the process doesn't start (after about 2 minutes, the command prompt
reappears and "ps" shows that it there is nothing called trashapplet
Is there anyone out there who understands enough about how
gnome-applets work who might be able to start me in the right
direction to debug this / find a workaround?
Ok, so it doesn't have a dynamic icon which changes to reflect whether
there's something in the trash (or not), but for a quick-and-dirty
Right-click on panel, select "Add to panel", select "Custom
application launcher", then either:
a) use "Type: Application", "Name: Trash" and "Command: nautilus trash:/", or
b) use "Type: Location", "Name: Trash" and "Location: trash:/"
From an idea by bulislaw (thank you). Jaime_______________________________________________
gnome-list mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: Can't add trashcan to desktop ??
- Next by Date: Re: Can't add trashcan to desktop ??
- Previous by thread: I can't add trash / wastebasket icon to panel - any suggestions for workaround?
- Next by thread: Re: [PARTIAL WORKAROUND] I can't add trash / wastebasket icon to panel - any suggestions for workaround?