Re: How to restrict mouse pointer movement within a certain area using DirectFB?

Here is the implelemtation .. add it to gdk/directfb/gdkwindow-directfb.c

Hope this works for you

void
gdk_display_warp_pointer (GdkDisplay *display,
GdkScreen *screen,
gint x,
gint y)
{

GdkWindowObject *private;
GdkWindowImplDirectFB *impl;
DFBWindowEvent evt;

GdkWindow *window = gdk_screen_get_root_window (screen);
private = GDK_WINDOW_OBJECT (window);
impl = GDK_WINDOW_IMPL_DIRECTFB (private->impl);

if (x >= 0 && y >= 0) {
int win_x, win_y;
impl->window->GetPosition (impl->window, &win_x, &win_y);
if (_gdk_display->layer->WarpCursor (_gdk_display->layer, win_x+x,
win_y+y))
return ;
}
}

Dhananjoy Chutia wrote:

Hi,
I need to restrict mouse pointer within a certain area of the window
using DirectFB. I got one idea to use

void gdk_display_warp_pointer
<http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/GdkDisplay.html#gdk-display-warp-pointer>
(GdkDisplay <http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/GdkDisplay.html>
*display,GdkScreen
<http://library.gnome.org/devel/gdk/stable/GdkScreen.html> *screen,
gint x, gint y);

But, the function is not implemented for DirectFB, in any of the gtk
distribution. I will be grateful enough for your suggestion regarding my
query

Regards

Dhananjoy.