Re: LDAP issue

I've installed LDAP and everything works fine, but every time that I
try to open a 'save as' window (at any program: Gimp, Firefox,
OpenOffice) my Gnome freezes to 15 (even more) seconds and finally
opens the window.

What did you actually migrate?

My whole NIS user's database.

Now I'm using LDAP, but there's this "freezing" problem on the Gnome's environment.

[]'s
Alexander
Brazil - Rio de Janeiro

  • Re: LDAP issue
    ... try to open a 'save as' window (at any program: ... OpenOffice) my Gnome freezes to 15 seconds and finally ... opens the window. ... This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: LDAP issue
    ... try to open a 'save as' window (at any program: ... OpenOffice) my Gnome freezes to 15 seconds and finally ... opens the window. ... This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. ...
    (GNOME)
  • LDAP issue
    ... I've installed LDAP and everything works fine, but every time that I try to open a 'save as' window my Gnome freezes to 15 seconds and finally opens the window. ... This message was sent using IMP, the Internet Messaging Program. ...
    (GNOME)
  • IPC between application and xserver is causing extra context switches
    ... Application opens unix socket connection to xserver. ... the request kernel decides to schedule client before there is response. ... Window Select_Window; ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: IPC between application and xserver is causing extra context switches