Re: LDAP issue

On Mon, Jun 1, 2009 at 9:05 PM, Fabian Deutsch <fabian.deutsch@xxxxxx>wrote:

Nsswitch seems to be ok.

It's quite weird because all my Gnome stations has started with that
problem after my LDAP's starts.

Any other machine (Window Maker, KDE, Windows, etc) works fine.

Does it seem if the machines are waiting or consuming cpu?

You could try to run e.g. Gimp under strace to see if a syscall is causing
the delay.

Years ago we have also implemented nscd in a similar project. You might want
to check it out.

A daemon which handles passwd, group and host lookups
for running programs and caches the results for the next
query. You should install this package only if you use
slow Services like LDAP, NIS or NIS+"

Cheers,
zoltan