Amanda README Draft; Request for comments

Per Dustin's request, I did a bit of hacking on the readme. My draft is
attached. I culled the release notes and NEWS file. I'd appreciate
comments and corrections back by the end of the business day Monday.

A few questions:

The current example of a fast dump involves filling 2 GB tapes in four
hours. Has anyone got a more modern example? As I don't use tapes I
can't provide one. (Several might be nice for the success stories page,
http://wiki.zmanda.com/index.php/Amanda_success_stories.)

The copyright notice is U of M through 1998. How are subsequent
contributions licensed? I conjecture under the same terms, but as this
is a legal question I thought I should ask.

I don't see the files KERBEROS.HOW-TO-GET or docs/KERBEROS in trunk.
Reference to them should probably go away.

Also, I note that the README refers to two files which no longer exist,
COPYRIGHT-REGEX and COPYRIGHT-APACHE. Unless there is good reason not
to, I think I should remove the reference to them. Again, as this deals
with copyrights, I thought I should ask.

Finally, we can probably update the list of known compatible systems.
Additions and deletions, particularly of version numbers, are welcome.
For example, I suspect we can reasonably restrict Linux to version 2.6
kernels.

AIX 3.2 and 4.1
BSDI BSD/OS 2.1 and 3.1
DEC OSF/1 3.2 and 4.0
FreeBSD 2.2.5
IRIX 5.2 and 6.3
GNU/Linux on x86, m68k, alpha, sparc, arm and powerpc
Mac OS X 10
NetBSD 1.0
Nextstep 3 (*)
OpenBSD 2.5 x86, sparc, etc (ports available)
SunOS 4.1.x (x >= 1) and 5.[567]
Ultrix 4.2
HP-UX 9.x and 10.x (x >= 01)

Thank you.

--

Charles Curley /"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Looking for fine software \ / Respect for open standards

Key fingerprint = CE5C 6645 A45A 64E4 94C0 809C FFF6 4C48 4ECD DFDB