vlc standard question

Hello,

How can i take care that vlc will be the standard movie player instead of totem.
I work with Gnome 2.26.3 on a Gentoo AMD 64 box.

Roelof

  • Re: vlc standard question
    ... You have a "prefered application" entry in your 'System' gnome menu. ... How can i take care that vlc will be the standard movie player instead of ... totem. ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: Gesucht: Empfehlenswerteste Linux-Distribution
    ... Versuch mal bei einer Debian Standard-Installation ... OpenOffice zu deinstallieren (um ... Es werden dann möglicherweise einige Bestandteile von GNOME ... “Programme wie Totem und OpenOffice sind nunmal Bestandteil von Gnome. ...
    (de.comp.os.unix.linux.misc)
  • Re: vlc standard question
    ... Roelof is correct; the Preferred Applications dialog box offers only ... Only Totem and custom. ... You have a "prefered application" entry in your 'System' gnome menu. ...
    (GNOME)
  • Re: Newbie question about partitions
    ... I'm aware of that - even though, of course, I run Gnome with xine, ... totem, xmms and firefox on my ubuntu laptop, and Gnome with xine, totem, ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: Very ugly problem after upgrade and unistalling KDE
    ... but the point is that totem want ./kde dir?... ... Totem is a Gnome app. ... but that doesn't mean that it can't work with kde stuff. ...
    (Debian-User)