Re: Gnome does not shut down nor log out user
- From: AG <computing.account@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 20:42:32 +0100
On 19/08/10 18:50, N B Day wrote:
On Thu, 2010-08-19 at 18:19 +0100, AG wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I now exit the OOo Quickstarter and canThere's a bug on Launchpad for Ubuntu:
Any clue as to what causes the conflict?
Seems like they're saying it's a OO.org problem. I can confirm that it
is still a problem on a just-updated Ubuntu Maverick alpha-3 system.
The work-around is easy though....
Fair point. Is it OOo not playing nice with Gnome? Can't say, but I have tested the same OOo (3.2.) on other DE and WM (KDE, LXDE, Xfce4, fluxbox) and can logout just fine. YMMV.
I'm guessing that it has something to do with gnome-power-manager since
that seems to be not shutting down properly (and causing other stuff to
not shut down as well). This is just a WAG; I'm not expert in any of
Also fair point. Perhaps one should expect Gnome to handle calls from OOo, even - no, *especially* - if they are buggy?
I really don't know and it would be interesting to see how it is resolved. In the meantime tho' the trick you suggested and that's on the site you referenced is a pretty straightforward hack - thanks.
gnome-list mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: Gnome does not shut down nor log out user
- Next by Date: Nautilus make error
- Previous by thread: Re: Gnome does not shut down nor log out user
- Next by thread: Re: Gnome does not shut down nor log out user