Re: hooks to use for development

On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 17:19 +0200, Alper KANAT wrote:
Hello Everyone,

Maybe this is a very noob question for you. I'm a long time GNOME user
and used to develop mostly web applications. I've tried several times
to develop PyGTK applications but always didn't have the enough
motivation and knowledge to continue. I'm not experienced in C and
have no idea about C++.

What I want is to develop a seemles file sharing application that can
hook to screenshot utility, that can add actions to Nautilus' right
click menu. If I press Print Scr. button on my keyboard, GNOME's
screenshot util starts and I want my code to run and upload the image
to some hosted service right after it takes the screenshot.

I wonder if this is possible without having to interact with
gnome-screenshots' code. I really want my GNOME desktop as competetive
as a Mac OS X desktop. (I also plan to do the same for KDE if possible

Thanks for your great work, I really appreciate it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

I would like to suggest you to have a basic overview of the Gnome

Simply use the python bindings of the library if require. (C is a small
language easy to learn!). Shell script will make your life easy.

Download source of the screenshot utility.
Depending on the method, how do you want to upload your photo in remote
server, you have to check different tool.

Split the project in small small task, its easy.

gnome-list mailing list

gnome-list mailing list