RE: Gnome 3.2 - How can I completely disable Suspend?
- From: "Adam Sailer" <ASailer@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 11:20:49 -0700
(You have not mentioned the make and model of the computer (or motherboard)or which Distro you are using)
As regards the 'NEVER' look at your 'Preferences-Screensaver' and'Preferences-PowerManagement'
Thank you for the reply, but with all due respect, it is apparent that you
didn't thoroughly read the email you were replying to.
(http://www.gnome.org/getting-gnome/)I've downloaded and installed from the openSUSE-based Gnome 3.2 live disk.
Laptop model is Dell XPS M1330
Video is NVidia GeForce 8400M GS
Kernel ver is 126.96.36.199-0.7-default x86_64
I also specified the NVidia driver versions tested and respective results.
This is odd though - gnome-screensaver 3.2 is installed, but I have no
preference options in gnome; my power management options are set to never
suspend, but I think the problem is the Screen > Turn off after 2min, 3min,
5min, 10min, 30min, 1hr... No never 'option' here
Yep, this appears to be the cause of the problem. Set to two minutes, wait,
Gnome 3.2 locks up; only activity is the clock seconds ticking, I can move
the mouse pointer, and the fan is now spinning high.
Any ideas, Gnome Gurus?
gnome-list mailing list
- Prev by Date: Re: gnome-list Digest, Vol 90, Issue 1 Item 1
- Next by Date: Online accounts error
- Previous by thread: Re: Gnome 3.2 - How can I completely disable Suspend?
- Next by thread: Re: gnome-list Digest, Vol 90, Issue 1 Item 1