Re: [kde] Konqueror crashes on removing usb stick

Frank Reifenstahl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> like told in the subject: konqueror (kde 3.5.0, SUSE10.0) crashes when
> removing the USB stick, independent of viewing the corresponding
> directory. Any ideas?

What files are on the usb stick? Perhaps there's some config files on there
that konqueror is using, or you viewed it previously and there's a
"directory watcher" watching the usb stick for changes. To rule out the
second one, plug in the usb stick, then without viewing it in konqueror or
any KDE app, remove it again. Does konq still crash?

Regards,
Philip

  • Re: [opensuse] USB Pen Drive Failure
    ... I have several Corsair USB Pen Drives. ... There are no problems with my two Voyager GT's. ... but they will not show up in Konqueror (or Dolphin ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde] Konqueror crashes on removing usb stick
    ... > Perhaps there's some config files on there ... > "directory watcher" watching the usb stick for changes. ... > second one, plug in the usb stick, then without viewing it in konqueror or ... even crash when removing the stick while browsing its directories. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: FreeBSD and USBmemorystick
    ... On the same laptop in the SuSE 10.1 partition, the same USB ... Konqueror shows nothing under Storage Media. ... I prefer to have a script do the mounting, so I can add some sane flags ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: FreeBSD and USBmemorystick
    ... On the same laptop in the SuSE 10.1 partition, the same USB ... Konqueror shows nothing under Storage Media. ... (Edit that line to suit your needs) ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: FreeBSD and USBmemorystick
    ... On Tuesday 11 November 2008 9:17:36 pm Roland Smith wrote: ... On the same laptop in the SuSE 10.1 partition, the same USB ... Konqueror shows nothing under Storage Media. ... (Edit that line to suit your needs) ...
    (freebsd-questions)