Re: [kde] Setting up Kbear using fish

On Friday 27 January 2006 21:59, SOTL wrote:
> Hi All
>
> I am trying to set up fish using Kbear.
>
> I have fish working using Konqueror and I can transfer files between two
> computers located at 192.168.1.101 &.103 by using fish and Konqueror.
>
> I can not transfer files betweed the same two computers using fish in Kbear
> thus I am assuming that I do not have Kbear configured correctly. I do not
> have an ftp server on the system and do not believe on is necessary if one
> can transfer files by means of Konqueror but this has been suggested as a
> source of the problem so I will mention it but I do not believe that this
> idea is correct.
>
> I do not have a copy of a How-to for Kbear and do not know where to get
> one. A How-to would be nice.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> SOTL

Hi SOTL. Fish uses SSH. When you connect to another machine for the first
time, a key is created in /home/user-name/.ssh/known_hosts. I have had
problems with this. I have many distro's on one of my two machines. Some had
the same IP address. I wondered why I had problems connecting to distro's
with the same IP address, until I discovered this file. Now I have made sure
to have unique addresses for all the distro's that run on this machine. I
wonder if, as your use of Konqueror using Fish to connect to the other
machine has created a key which is is specific to using Konqueror. I would
suggest removing the key in /home/user-name/.ssh/known_hosts, then trying to
connect with Kbear. If this doesn't work. Using Konqueror, fish directed to
the other machine, will simply create a new key, and you should be able to
access the other machine again from Konqueror.

Incidentally, I don't have Kbear. Where did you find it? Nigel.

ps: I'm on FC2 at the moment.

  • Re: [kde] Setting up Kbear using fish
    ... >>> I am trying to set up fish using Kbear. ... >>> I have fish working using Konqueror and I can transfer files between ... >>> Kbear thus I am assuming that I do not have Kbear configured correctly. ... > I do not have Kbear's fish connection working and that is where the issue ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Kbear: Fish protocol seems not to work
    ... Fish with Konqueror in both directions from my 2 machines. ... Kbear then creates a new key to replace the one I had ... Third a few weeks back I tried to install the ODBC and JDBC connectors ...
    (KDE)
  • [kde] Setting up Kbear using fish
    ... I am trying to set up fish using Kbear. ... I have fish working using Konqueror and I can transfer files between two ... I can not transfer files betweed the same two computers using fish in Kbear ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Good FTP program?
    ... I have encountered that bug with KBear as well up to as recently as KDE 3.2. ... system tray icon - I never wanted it for an FTP program anyway. ... What you say is not true about Konqueror. ... uploading and downloading files over FTP and it handles it pretty well. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: fish & scp
    ... for a not known reason when i csp or fish (konqueror) a file to a ... remote machine, the transfert stalled after a few seconds and no ...
    (Debian-User)