[kde] Drawing the claws of Kat

I have recently installed a copy of KDE 3.4.2 from the Mandriva 2006 distro.

In the system tray is a most annoying program called Kat. It has a habit of
crashing under certain circumstances, and as it is useless to me I would like
to get rid of it. But like its feline counterpart, it will not go away.

Does anyone know how?

TIA

Basil Fowler

  • Kernal 2.6.10 & KDE 3.2.9.1
    ... KDE runs even sanppier then before.. ... For some reason the background in system tray is smeared. ... wireless mini-PCI card is working. ... Like before the upgrade it is being ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Kernal 2.6.10 & KDE 3.2.9.1
    ... | KDE runs even sanppier then before.. ... For some reason the background in system tray is smeared. ... | wireless mini-PCI card is working. ... Like before the upgrade it is being ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [kde] Can I change the icons in the panel system tray ?
    ... The older ones are traditional application system tray icons, ... The configuration for that is found in kde settings, ... here, I believe), you must restart plasma. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Unrelieved black popups and message boxes
    ... that brings up a lot of message boxes, ... they were minimized to the system tray or the task bar. ... And I've kept up with every system update since ... I don't know that KDE has more than one theme. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Need basic help with KDE Wallet, added question: (both) SOLVED
    ... >>>I was confronted recently with a request for the password of my KDE ... >>KWallet Manager docs also say that "A system tray icon indicates that a ... What is the system tray? ... > the box "hide system tray icon when last wallet closes". ...
    (Debian-User)