Re: [kde] kmail slowdown

Rick Wagmer wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I recently used the anti-spam wizard in KMail (1.9.1; Kontact 1.2; KDE 3.5).
>Afterward, opening messages became very slow; i.e. 8-10 seconds for an 80K
>text message.
>
>I removed the SPAM filters; even removed spamassassin; but opening messages is
>still slow. Any ideas on what would cause the slow down, and how to correct?

I solved it by migrating to Thunderbird. I could not figure any other way
either. Since I get about 2M/day of email, the "Bayesian spam fighter
that cannot be stopped" became more of a burden than the spam itself.
Sorry, guys, work is needed there....

Cheers - Bruce

  • No Starch Releases "Ending Spam"
    ... DEVELOPER OF DSPAM EXPLAINS TECHNOLOGY BEHIND SPAM FILTERING ... has announced the release of "Ending Spam: ... Starch Press, ... generation spam filters, sys admins who need to implement them, gearheads ...
    (comp.os.linux.announce)
  • FAQ: Canonical list of questions Beavis refuses to answer (V1.50) (was Re: Fighting email spam and a
    ... newsgroups, so almost no one will see this spammer's attempt to convince people to use spam filters that he and his criminal buddies can easily beat, and to avoid the only type of spam filters that they _can't_ beat. ... If your Challenge-Response spam filter works so well, why are you munging your address, when posting to Usenet? ... If spammers avoid forging real E-mail addresses on spam, then where do all these bounces everyone reports getting come from? ...
    (comp.mail.misc)
  • Re: Email replacement system?
    ... I currently have some pretty good spam filters and its rare for any ... The server system could even take care of validation. ... I would envisage the concept relying on a web of trust, you'd deny a message purely based on it's verifiable sender. ...
    (comp.mail.misc)
  • Re: TalkTalk spam filters
    ... My Prismemail account has not filtered one spam either because it has not been passed a single spam email by the TalkTalk mail server. ... There is no spam header in any of the TalkTalk emails. ... A simple trigger word or even "FWD: Re:" in the subject will trigger the TalkTalk spam filters. ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Email replacement system?
    ... I currently have some pretty good spam filters and its rare for any ... consuming and therefore expensive for the spammer (but not for the ... How long does the sending server keep email? ...
    (comp.mail.misc)