Re: [kde] Where should I suggest a KDE app to include in KDE distro?

Kevin Krammer ha scritto:
On Sunday 26 February 2006 23:12, Francesco Montorsi wrote:
Kevin Krammer ha scritto:
On Sunday 26 February 2006 22:51, Francesco Montorsi wrote:
Hi all,
even if I'm not the developer of kChmViewer, I'd like to promote it
as application to include in KDE builds... I find it too useful :)
It is the developers decision where they want to host their code, but you
can ask you distributor to package it together with their usual KDE
packages.
so, any linux distro chooses which KDE app should be packaged indepedently

Yes, the packagers decide which app they want to package, how they want to
separate them, how to manage optional dependencies, which options they
enable, etc

However, packaging is a lot of work, depending on the packager's workload it
might not be possible to include further packages or package application
separately.
ok, now I got it.
I was convinced it was easier :)

Thanks a lot for the kind explanation,
Francesco

  • Re: [kde] How to learn about all those configuration file values?
    ... There is an Ubuntu Package kde-settings-lowfat. ... having run kde since the kde2 era, ... the network, keeping the kde core informed of what network-based services ... early in the kde startup process, collects the config information from ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: KDE 3.3.2 fails re-install [SOLVED]
    ... make sure you have all the kde components uninstalled: ... anything to do with KDE, but when I looked at it with dpkg, I found 28 ... in package kdewallpapers ... Package kdebase-data is not installed. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: [kde] KDE themes mouse cursor
    ... It's not the kde version number, ... but you don't say which distribution and this is the kde ... Next, on accessibility, make sure you have the kdeaccessibility package ... kcontrol/systemsettings) as long as you have composite effects available. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] IA64 KDEGRAPHICS Upgrade??
    ... processors, 64 bit Alpha Servers, and yet another IA64 Itanium processor ... because it is just a meta package and does not contain any actual code. ... Kevin Krammer, KDE developer, xdg-utils developer ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: Why Does apt-get Want to Uninstall KDE?
    ... >> Will install all of the KDE core. ... > So does that mean I won't be able to install korganizer then? ... The package entitled "kde" contains no software. ...
    (Debian-User)