[kde-linux] KDE and x fontserver

Hello

I have a fontserver (xfs) in my network with a lot of truetype fonts.
In the file /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 on the client PC I added the line

Font Path "tcp/fontserver:7100"

It works with direct pathes (e.g. in /etc/fonts/fonts.conf) but not over tcp
only.

The fonts are not available in KDE on the client PC, but in X.

Is there a way to use the fonts which are supportet by the x-fontserver (xfs)
also in kde only over tcp?

Torsten

  • Re: [kde-linux] KDE and x fontserver
    ... I have a fontserver (xfs) in my network with a lot of truetype fonts. ... The fonts are not available in KDE on the client PC, ... KDE uses FontConfig, so you need to tell FontConfig where to look for ...
    (KDE)
  • You want proof.
    ... I have found that some KDE ... >> programs work in Gnome - Konkerer for example. ... I use slackware, and Ubuntu both, and I wished to let you know that since ... there are references to fonts within. ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Re: [opensuse] Beginner: ALL fonts are blurred
    ... Most people find most fonts on the Mac to be blurry (other than in ... If this is what you're talking about, you can control the degree ... some, not all, characters carry a sort of "shadow" on their back. ... You also haven't said which "desktop" system you're using, Gnome and KDE ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [kde] [opensuse-kde] Re: KDE 4.2.1 Apps Toolbar (Text frayed-out)
    ... I was not sure whether the problem was with openSUSE or with KDE, ... graphic card driver. ... Could it be caused by the graphics driver? ... Gtk Styles & Fonts: ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: How to get up to date source code for compiling BitchX
    ... or find another IRC client? ... Drab KDE software does not impress me much. ... Cent 6 is that the fonts are microscopic with a decent desktop ...
    (alt.os.linux)