Re: [kde] kde trying to launch uninstalled program at startup -- help!

Simon Brown wrote:

Problem solved I think... I went into the KDE control panel and under KDE
Components -> Session Manager selected "empty session" at startup. Looks
like KDE was trying to restore my previous session all the time.

If you still want to keep the "save session" behaviour, you can remove (or
better, just rename) ~/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc which contains the
last saved session. That should get rid of old references to ksmoothdock.

Regards,
Philip

  • Re: [kde] Prompted Restore Session
    ... Subject: [kde] Prompted Restore Session ... If you always want the same set of apps restored, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde-linux] kinternet doesnt start on reboot
    ... with kde 4.3.1 release 6, does not restart kinternet when rebooted. ... Kinternet once started has a Settings> Various Settings menu with a ... The other way to handle it is with the session manager. ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] Prompted Restore Session
    ... Restore the same way for my KWin sessions. ... KDE's session management is customizable in a couple different ... If you always want the same set of apps restored, ... That option is found in kde settings (they aren't for the most part ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [kde] klipper gone from panel - how can I re-add it?
    ... I don't see Klipper available as a widget. ... last session option on in the kde session manager. ... And while I normally use the session restore feature to restore pan, ...
    (KDE)
  • Re: [SLE] Startup aplications
    ... session management may be confusing if you have not seen it before. ... Basically, KDE will take a "snapshot" of all the programs currently running, ... and restore those programs next time it is started. ... Next time KDE starts, they will open on desktop 1. ...
    (SuSE)