Re: [kde] kde trying to launch uninstalled program at startup -- help!

Simon Brown wrote:

Problem solved I think... I went into the KDE control panel and under KDE
Components -> Session Manager selected "empty session" at startup. Looks
like KDE was trying to restore my previous session all the time.

If you still want to keep the "save session" behaviour, you can remove (or
better, just rename) ~/.kde/share/config/ksmserverrc which contains the
last saved session. That should get rid of old references to ksmoothdock.

Regards,
Philip