Re: [kde-linux] What is kdetoys and how do I enable it for Kweather?

Werner Joss wrote:
Am Sonntag, 26. März 2006 11:07 schrieb Larry Alkoff:
I seem to have a menu item for 'amor' which is a little yellow goblin
that roams the screen and I _guess_ I have kweatherreport but it doesn't
do much. A box comes up but never fills with weather info.

you will have to select a weather-station from the list for which you then get
info displayed.

Select a weather-station from _the_ list?? What list?

I googled and got various stations and used the command:
/opt/kde/bin/kweatherreport katt (or other station)

I tried 6 stations. About half report they 'need maintenance, try
another station' and the rest KATT, KAUS (the 2 main ones in Austin TX)
just display the name of the station and sunrise/sunset but no weather
information.

Larry

--
Larry Alkoff N2LA - Austin TX
Using Thunderbird on Slackware Linux

  • Re: 30 years of weather recording in Coventry -a press release
    ... Congrats Steve but as an Old Wheatlyan we had a weather ... I guess when they built the 6th form block they threw the weather station ... but this is a press release issued by the school ... BABLAKE SCHOOL PRESS RELEASE - For Immediate Release ...
    (uk.sci.weather)
  • Re: Available consultant Vijay for Unix System Admin with sun Solories Expireance.
    ... Yeah, well, unless the backyard weather station down the block ... railroads and the trans-continental trails and later highways. ... The original El Paso (now Cd. ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: Beaulieu Road today
    ... During the severe weather, every station stop is a risk to the train service. ... There is nothing at Beaulieu Road apart from heath and bog - indeed, it is a miracle the station was not closed years ago. ... When there is "normal" engineering work, Beaulieu Road cannot be served by the replacement buses because it is miles off the road route between Ashurst and Brockenhurst. ...
    (uk.railway)
  • Re: Setting up AWS
    ... I don't know anything about the owner/operator of that station. ... the Personal Weather Stations on Weather Underground, I have decided on the Davis Vantage Pro ... West, about 1.5 km away are the well known Malvern Hills with the highest part, Worcestershire ... ISS/rain sensor somewhere towards the far end of the garden but not too close to the hedge. ...
    (uk.sci.weather)
  • Re: Setting up AWS
    ... The 'official' Great Malvern station (providing data that used to appear ... this area through the Personal Weather Stations on Weather Underground, ... about 1.5 km away are the well known Malvern Hills ... battery shouldn't need replacing) and the ISS/rain sensor somewhere ...
    (uk.sci.weather)