Re: [kde] kde4

Henri Girard wrote:

Hi :)
I would like to compile kde4
where can i find the best directives ?

First, a warning: the code that will become KDE 4 (in the language of
development, "SVN trunk") is in a pre-alpha state. That means, basically,
that unless you're a developer, there's nothing to see (and very little to
see even if you are). If you're looking for cool new features, you'll have
to wait until KDE 4 is released.

That warning out of the way, you can find some instructions here:
http://plasma.kde.org/wiki/index.php/How_to_setup_your_KDE_4_environment
I don't know if unsermake still works with trunk - you might need cmake.

Even if you decide not to get involved with KDE 4, there are lots of ways to
contribute to KDE, from bug triage, to documentation writing, to
translation and artwork, and much more. If you're interested, drop us a
line.

Regards,
Philip

  • Odd Xorg instability, and KDE errors
    ... KDE for explanations. ... Warning: font renderer for ".pcf.Z" already registered at priority 0 ... konsole: WARNING: Unable to use ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • [SLE] KDE 3.2 and mime types?
    ... I know another person had this problem with KDE 3.2. ... When I run kbuildsycoca from the command line I get several lines ... kbuildsycoca: WARNING: Property 'X-KDE-Weight' is defined multiple times ... undefined mimetype/servicetype 'KDevelop/Part' ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Locked Out of KDE (OpenSuse 11.1)
    ... diskspace runs below a certain value, warning the user. ... Doesn't KDE have a System Monitor app? ... 'gnome-settings-daemon' as far as I can see. ... But I'm sure KDE has it's own neat trick for it? ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Second GUI not working anymore
    ... houghi wrote: ... KDE is the standard, so that is to be expected. ... Next I tried `startx icewm --:0` and that brought up kde. ... WARNING AHEAD!! ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: how make my laptop beep when low battery?