[kde] Code page for konsole

Hi all,

I am, unfotunately, new in Linux. And are in process to translating some
applications from windows / dos to linux. All run in console or window
ambient. The only trouble I have to solve is how configure konsole or another
window terminal, like xterm, to use the code ibm850. Using the menu on
konsole work fine, but from commandline I cannot achieve it.

I have try to export LANG=es_ES, ibm850 and it work for console login, but not
for kde environment.

Some help for solve the issue on kde 3.4 and 3.5.2?

Thanks in advance.
--
Marcelo Anelli C.

http://www.marceloanelli.com/
mac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
marcelo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Advantages from KDE 3.1 to 3.2?
    ... Click on "Install source" (my Linux is German so forgive me ... that new entry to the top of the list with "Up" and close the window. ... KDE 3.2 is considerably faster than it's predecessor. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: Mouse
    ... With a wheel mouse, especially in KDE, that is set in KDe to ... sometimes the MS mice use a variable rate and sometimes ... Window, ... Linux is DIFFERENT. ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: [OT] Why does X need so much CPU power?
    ... > Linux, any sort of desktop - eg Gnome or KDE, not a vanilla WM) was just ... Why does X seem to need so much more CPU power than ... > various windows flavors just were unusable with KDE loaded? ... Clearly we all think that it's the Window Manager, ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Regarding encryption, random numbers and "brute force" cracking
    ... weighs two pounds and runs Linux, which I accordingly have to learn. ... has a KDE shell, ... Gnome is somewhat Mac-like in a pre-OS-X sense. ... in terms of mouse and window behavior which make it rather more Mac-like. ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: [kde] Code page for konsole
    ... I am, unfotunately, new in Linux. ... another window terminal, like xterm, to use the code ibm850. ... on konsole work fine, but from commandline I cannot achieve it. ... Some help for solve the issue on kde 3.4 and 3.5.2? ...
    (KDE)