[kde-linux] KDE 3.5.2: Problem with the mediamanager

Hello,
I build KDE 3.5.2 and I have a problem with the media manager module. When I click on the Storage Media icon, I have this error message: â??The KDE mediamanager is not runningâ??.

I looked in my /.xsession-error file and I have these two warnings:

---------------------------------------
kded: WARNING: [ KDEDMOdule* Kded::loadModule(const KService*, bool) ] Could not load library. [ libdbus-1.so.1: connot open shared object file: No such file or directory ]
kded: WARNING: [ KDEDMOdule* Kded::loadModule(const KService*, bool) ] Could not load library. [ library files for "libkdeb_mediamanager.la" not found in paths. ]
---------------------------------------

It's really strange since I have dbus 0.61 and Hall 0.54 installed and they the work fine. I can manually mount and unmount the devices.

I built three times kdebase (trying different configuration) but it doesn't change anything. Do I miss something?

Thanks for your help,
Alain-Serge

  • Unable to start X- After trying to upgrade KDE to 3.1.1
    ... I was trying to upgrade KDE in RH7.3 with a local magazine (PCQuest July ... During installation of KDE rpms some error ... After about two minutes, error message was ... Again booting into redhat gave one more error message in addition to the ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)
  • Unable to start X- After trying to upgrade KDE to 3.1.1
    ... I was trying to upgrade KDE in RH7.3 with a local magazine (PCQuest July ... During installation of KDE rpms some error ... After about two minutes, error message was ... Again booting into redhat gave one more error message in addition to the ...
    (alt.os.linux)
  • Unable to start X- After trying to upgrade KDE to 3.1.1
    ... I was trying to upgrade KDE in RH7.3 with a local magazine (PCQuest July ... During installation of KDE rpms some error ... After about two minutes, error message was ... Again booting into redhat gave one more error message in addition to the ...
    (alt.os.linux.redhat)
  • Re: java jdk14 install - cannot find file
    ... playing tricks, I was careful to ... do the KDE Find Files ... error message to the end of the find ... > It probably is and should be a Bourne shell script; ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: kdm not working after upgrade from KDE 3.5 to 4.3.4
    ... I have a Debian testing system on which for a long time I kept old KDE ... specific packages in the mean time, ... I rebooted, got to the kdm welcome screen, obviously in KDE 4 style, ... No error message. ...
    (Debian-User)