Re: [kde] Upgrading from 3.4 to 3.5 on freeBSD

On 18/04/2006, at 5:33 PM, Philip Rodrigues wrote:

Never you mind wrote:

I have tried to upgrade KDE from ports on freeBSD 6.0-security. It
generated a lot of activity but now that it's finished and I've
rebooted control center reports KDE v3.4.2.

Did you follow the instructions in /usr/ports/UPDATING? IIRC, a simple
portupgrade won't work for KDE 3.5. If that doesn't help, you could try
asking on the kde@xxxxxxxxxxx mailing list. Be sure to include a list
of
all installed packages and any relevant output from
make/portupgrade/pkg_add.

Thanks, I'd thought that I had followed all the instructions, including
reading UPDATING. I know I read it, though it looks like I didn't do
what it said.

malcolm