[kde-linux] Windows refuse to stay minimized

I love to use the Desktop area to quickly store and access very frequently
used files. But that is always a bit difficult in KDE. Whenever I minimize
all windows with the action "Toggle Showing Desktop", as soon as I call
another application with a keyboard shortcut, all other windows instantly go
back to "restored" mode and cover my desktop all over again.

None of them gets on top of the one I just called, but they still get in the
way. That is because this problem is a lot more noticeable with the two
applications I most often run with a keyboard shortcut: krun and another
similar program that just runs other commands or applications, not
necessarily all of them with visible windows.

Is it possible to prevent KDE from doing this and making sure minimized
windows stay put unless they are explicitly told to spring back up?

Thank you.

--
Luciano ES
Santos, SP - Brasil

  • Re: [SLE] YaST
    ... would have to be written to honor this, as most Qt applications do ... In KDE you can define, e.g., how long the mouse should wait before ... interfere with settings set up by KDE and Windows (since Qt also runs ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: [SLE] Detatchable menus
    ... > Well, you said KDE, but as far as I know, the description I gave applies ... > only to native KDE applications, ... I was talking about the gnome type tear-off menus, ... the office right now on a windows box). ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Official Suse update to KDE 3.2?
    ... > b) if your not going to help use windows yourself ... P.S place your mouse over your start applications button and see what it ... With KDE 3.2 it says Click here to browse and start applications ... Synchrodude the Legend ...
    (alt.os.linux.suse)
  • Re: ?s: Minimize shortcut/Help page navigation?
    ... Create a new keyboard shortcut in the Keyboard & ... This worked for some applications, ... Command Key and press the Tab Key, the previously used app will be ... Except that Help windows are floating windows that always appear on top. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)