Re: [kde-linux] KDE crippled for certain user

On Friday 19 May 2006 21:51, Bill Dika wrote:
Hi Kevin:

Thanks for the reply.

The permissions, owners and groups appear to be the same for all relavant
directories and files in /home/dad, home/dad2 and .local. dad's ID is 1000
and dad2's ID is 1001. The relevant group is 'users' for both dad and dad2
files and directories.

Do you think that this problem is so deep that I just have to copy all
files from /home/dad to /home/dad2 and use dad2 as my login?

First better try moving .local

Cheers,
Kevin

--
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer@xxxxxx>
Qt/KDE Developer, Debian User

  • Re: Sharing a mail folder between Linux and FreeBSD
    ... fix incorrect permissions and owners on base system files. ... As root, from the root directory, something like this: ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Thinking outside the box on file systems
    ... permissions and look at people permissions. ... when they saw a wheel come off a truck. ... owners to know it's files. ... Also the thing is that I care who can access files, ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • cant share C: volume
    ... Synopsis: My system has a problem sharing the C: volume. ... permissions for owners, creator, users. ... to find out if you have access permissions. ... is a password-protected owner account with full control. ...
  • Re: Upgrading from 2.0 and no user groups
    ... with permissions levels set but not to SharePoint groups. ... Administrator is getting added to the 3.0 site with Full Control, ... If we leave our sites this way (with no Members, Visitors, Owners groups) ... SharePoint Groups, you can assign permission across sites in the same ...