Re: [kde-linux] KMail 1.9.1 Flaws

On 26 Aug 2006, at 08:48 , Steve Evans wrote:

On Saturday 26 August 2006 15:49, Merton Campbell Crockett wrote:

Steve, Jan, Justion,

I gather from your responses that I may have omitted a key point. I
performed an "in-situ" upgrade from SuSE Linux 10.0 to 10.1. During
the upgrade, .kde/share/config/kmailrc was changed to incorporate new
features.

When I first opened KMail after the upgrade, the folder panel
correctly showed the two IMAP servers that I use: an IMAP account on
my site's local mail server and an IMAP account on a corporate
Microsoft Exchange server. What was missing were all of my mail
folders that were maintained on the local IMAP mail server.

Using the Settings>Configure KMail>Accounts>Modify, I couldn't find
any options that would allow me to set the path to my mail folders
for the account on the local IMAP mail server. Where I recall that
there had been a Advanced button or box where I could set the path,
there were a group of boxes for "name space".

The imap server should know where the mail is stored, you don't
need to
specify a path to it in kmail. For example the config file
(/etc/courier-imap/imapd) for my courier imap server contains:

MAILDIR=.maildir
MAILDIRPATH=.maildir

These are all relative to the users home account, so my mail
appears in
~/.maildir.

kmail then talks to the server to access the email rather than looking
directly at it on disk.

Is your imap server running?

Yes. KMail has no problem with accessing {INBOX} which is stored in /
var/mail/mcc on the IMAP server. The problem is only with my
personal mail folders that are stored in a subdirectory of my
personal account on the server, /userfiles/mcc/Mail.

I know that the location of my personal directory might look a little
strange to some but the directory structure on the system was
established 25 years ago. The original PDP11/45 running BSD 2.4
disappeared long ago. All that remains is the directory structure. :)

Merton Campbell Crockett
m.c.crockett@xxxxxxxxxxxx

  • Re: Windows NT 4.0 BDC Upgrade
    ... >>Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server ... >>> account ... >>>>> change a member server ... >>>>> upgrade went ...
  • Re: Deciding which way to go - terminal server or client/server??
    ... workgroup with one xp pro and rest xp home machines. ... main application which has runtime sql server database. ... services, but for the licenses and the cost of the server upgrade, it may be ... It is FREE and requires NO ISP's Usenet account. ...
  • Re: Header download for G mai
    ... You might try refreshing your folder list to synchronize with the IMAP server. ... Go to Tools, Accounts, select that mail account, Properties, Servers. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Exchange Queus, possible virus, and MTA
    ... When I browse to the server and queues I see ... "554 Recipient Rejected: Not accepting mail for this account: Account ... the MTA X400 queue says Unavailable. ... than there before the upgrade. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Anonymous Access on IIS6
    ... server and runs ok. ... Anon account is by default IUSR_Servername and I ... >> option to upgrade the server. ... The website still works just fine. ...